About the Oscar Anderson House Museum
The Oscar Anderson House, constructed in 1915, is one of the oldest homes in Anchorage, and is the only House Museum located in Anchorage.
In 1976, Elizabeth Anderson, Oscar’s widow, donated the house to the Municipality of Anchorage. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. After an extensive restoration between 1978 and 1982 the Oscar Anderson House was turned into a museum.
Today, through a partnership with the Municipality of Anchorage, the Alaska Association for Historic Preservation, Inc. (AAHP) operates the Oscar Anderson House Museum.
The Oscar Anderson House was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1978, for its architectural significance and for Oscar Anderson’s role in the development of early Anchorage.
The Oscar Anderson House is a National Trust for Historic Preservation “Distinctive Destination.”
We are a Blue Star Museum!
The free admission program is available for those currently serving in the United States Military—Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard as well as members of the Reserves, National Guard, U.S. Public Health Commissioned Corps, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and up to five family members.
Download Poster (PDF)
For more information and reservations: